Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A mostly veggie day...

This morning's rush involved packing myself a lunch, but skipping breakfast. I know, I know...bad decision. Somehow I did find time to swing by Starbucks and buy my soy chai latte though...hmm.


In the roughly 30 minutes it took me to get to work, I then realized my body was yelling "feed me something!!!" So I had snack one...10 grapes/10 almonds.


I think I'm starting to love almonds. It's been awhile since I bought them for snacking. They're good, they're crunchy and it doesn't take many of them to fill up! Lunch consisted of leftover pasta primavera from yesterday. I think it tasted as good reheated as it did fresh yesterday. Yum....


Tuesdays are my late work days and this particular Tuesday was non-stop busy. At about 5 pm, I realized I hadn't ate anything since noon and needed another snack. Veggies and dip it was. I fully realize it would've been healthier without the dip, BUT in all fairness, I used less than half the container there!


While snacking, I had a chance to chat about protein powders with a workoutaholic friend of mine. They started using a protein powder called vega sport. This might work well for me with being a vegetarian and my coworker offered to let me try some of theirs after my next workout to see if I can stomach the taste. Anyone have experience with this stuff? I don't want to waste my money!

After work was done, my hubby picked me up and we went home where he had ribs slow cooking in the oven. I must say that even as a vegetarian, I thought the house smelled pretty darn good! I wasn't sure what I felt like eating with it, but knew that potatoes were my family's side dish of choice for ribs, so started with that. We call them magic potatoes...boiled potatoes with sauteed onions and magic spice (an amazing flavoured seasoning salt). Healthy way of eating potatoes. Not so much. But they're so tasty!


I tried to balance my less healthy potato choice with something better, so made a salad to go with dinner. Lettuce, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, cheese and sunflower seeds with a tablespoon of italian dressing. It was good too! And you'll note that the amount of salad on my plate is double the amount of potatoes. Good work me!

With dinner....a glass of Merlot! What? It was a long day OK?? ;-)


So today I didn't get in a workout or a run, but tomorrow is a Burnaby Hit day for sure. I did however, meet my water goal! Lastly, I realize that this wasn't the most witty and exciting blog I've wrote so far, but I dumped most of my thought and effort to my previous post. Bonus points for a double post day??

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Great job....but I must say - your breakfasts need WORK!!!! (it is the MOST important meal of the day!!!)
    I do alot of overnight oats..steel cut oats soaked the night b/f and then mix the next day with frozen blueberries (Costco), coconut, peanut butter, cinnamon (good for metabolism) Also green monster smoothies. So healthy.

    here are my most favorite sites for food -

    www.ohsheglows.com (Vegan)

    http://www.4littlemenandgirlytwins.com/p/whats-to-eat.html (vegan)

    www.canyoustayfordinner.com (amazing weight loss story of 135 lbs and now amazing food!)

    ReplyDelete