Monday, September 17, 2012

An on the go Saturday

When I woke up Saturday morning, ready to go to Burnaby Hit for my morning work out I immediate realized that I had nothing in my house that would be considered a good breakfast breakfast. I was out of fruit for smoothies, out of cereal and out of multigrain bread for toast. It wasn't looking like a good start! I knew I didn't want to go to Hit on a completely empty stomach, so I decided to stop at Saveon Foods to get something to put in my tummy. So I purchased two things. Granola bars with almonds, pumpkin seeds and cranberries and Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal. Eating cereal in the car wasn't an option, so the granola bar it was.


Next stop? Burnaby Hit! Sarah was in today and with her guidance I got through the circuit with a few new twists on some of the stations. Yet another thing that's awesome about 30 Minute Hit - the ability to change up what you do at each station so that you never get bored! Despite not having much in my stomach when I did the circuit, I found some energy at the end to beat on Bob. Today, beating on Bob felt extra good. Wondering why? Because today Bob was the exact same height as my husband who was currently in the dog house. Men.

On my way home, I stopped in at Starbucks to get my weekend soy chai latte. Yum.....

I drank my latte, had a shower and headed out to go shopping with my daughter. We hit up Park Royal Mall, and bought her friend a birthday present. After going in and out of stores, we were got hungry so stopped in the food court. She got a hot dog and a smoothie from Dairy Queen. I got a salad from a make your own salad booth.


We ate, we went home, and my daughter got ready for her friend's sleepover birthday party. I dropped my daughter off, came home and had some cheese and crackers while I debated what to make for dinner.


In the end, I decided I wanted stirfry. But not just any stirfry. Spicy stirfry. So I made Szechuan tofu stirfry. But first, I had to go to the grocery store to get the stuff I needed!


This was good. It was spicy, but it was good. I marinated the tofu for about an hour, then took it out, coated it with cornstarch and sauteed it in the wok. When it was ready, I put it aside and followed the rest of the recipe, adding the tofu back in at the end so that it would be crispy not soggy. I really like it and my husband did too. I decided I would talk to him again (I was ignoring him most of today) long enough to offer him food...mostly so he wouldn't starve.

After I ate, I walked to the liquor store and bought some more wine. My husband felt guilty for not walking with me, so he drove, met me there and drove me home. I guess this was his man way of trying to make up with me. I was just happy that I had wine.


When I got home I had a glass of wine, relaxed, and watched a movie. I probably should've taken advantage of the fact my daughter was out for the night and went out, but honestly I just felt like staying home. I was still kind of bummed about my job, still kind of mad at my husband and more or less just wanted to be left alone! So that's exactly what I did...had me time, in my daughter's room, in front of the television. And I was okay with that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment